Creating Jobs and Fighting for Middle Class Families
Jim Clyburn’s efforts are bringing billions of dollars in federal investments to South Carolina to create jobs and economic development.
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act “Stimulus Bill” has created thousands of jobs in South Carolina and saved thousands more.
- Building a clean energy economy in South Carolina, bringing investments in good paying jobs in nuclear, bio-fuels, wind and alternative energy to make us energy independent and creating new economies and jobs that can’t be shipped overseas.
- Jim Clyburn’s vision for the Lake Marion Regional Water Agency is bringing safe, clean drinking water to South Carolinians in a 6 county area, and with it jobs and economic development.
- Cutting the payroll tax for employers so the private sector will hire more workers and put South Carolina back to work.
- Expanding tourism – South Carolina’s #1 industry – with the South Carolina National Heritage Corridor, Gullah-Geechee and the Congaree National Park to bring more dollars into our state.